Tuesday, November 3, 2015

November 11, 2015

The trip over was pretty good. It felt like about the distance to Cali from Las Vegas. We woke up at 3:30 am had cereal and went to the airport. Our flight left at 7:10 am. I was the travel leader. We also drove past the old Trafford, which was really cool! Never thought I'd see it!

München is the coolest place I've ever been in my life!!! You have to come here!! We are staying in München tonight and then heading out on the bahn in the morning. My trainers name is Elder Albrecht and I am serving in Linz Austria. It is the second biggest city in Austria. I'm really happy because me and Elder Johnston are both in the Vienna stake. I think my trainer is from Missouri. The first night I got here we went to go this girl. We were talking to her at the door about how a friend referred her. It as about 10 minutes into the conversation when she started laughing. She said, “I can’t do this anymore! I’m a returned missionary!.” Hahaha…it was so funny my trainer and her set it up.

I can understand the people quite well! It's amazing because I don't even know how! Haha! I handed out a Book of Mormon to an Italian auf Deutsch. It was really awesome me and Elder Lucas snagged a book after we got our areas so we could hand it out on the train. We started talking to him and found out he was catholic. He prays to God and believes that God watches over him. The cool part was that he asked us for the Book of Mormon! We had to get off the train so I flipped to the introduction page and had him read it as we got off. He was very thankful and shook both of our hands twice! It was really cool because we both felt the spirit! Before we left that morning Elder Lucas and I prayed to find someone and it worked! We were the only ones to hand out a Book of Mormon.

The best part is that I have a love for the people, even before I talk to them. It's amazing! I really care for them and it really helps teaching. It makes me happy just to talk with them about life. I don't just try and get them to take a Book of Mormon. I sincerely get to know them and care for them. I ask them where they work, live, like and believe. Then once I find out what they're interests are I tie it into the gospel. It really works!

It's crazy there are so many refugees here. We are teaching four Persians that don't speak German. We have to speak through translator, We are also probably going to baptize this guy from Ecuador named Rumy. He already seems like a member because he participates in church so much.

p.s. We also have a huge ward and I'm in the German choir yay!...


 Mission house...President and Sister Kohler

 He says these are Doner Kebabs---a Turkish dish made of meat cooked on a vertical rotisserie, normally lamb but sometimes beef or chicken.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment