Monday, May 2, 2016

In Memory of Charlie Sefita

My heart goes out to the Sefita and the Yardley families. Charlie has had a very big impact on my life. His passing has torn me up pretty bad. He's had one of the biggest hearts I've ever known. I would like to ask everybody to pray and fast for these families. My mission president called me last night and told me of the news and talked with me for a while. It was really heartbreaking and I couldn't think straight. Then today when we came to the church to write emails I saw a picture of him and just started bawling. That was when it really hit me. The hardest part is that there was no warning. When Brian Scott died, Charlie was there for me and we cried together. Now I feel as if Brian is on the other side helping me cope with Charlie's death. Charlie will always be in my heart and in all the hearts of the people of Hurricane.


Be still, my soul: The hour is hastening on
When we shall be forever with the Lord,
When disappointment, grief, and fear are gone,
Sorrow forgot love’s purest joys restored.
Be still, my sou: When change and tears are past,
All safe and blessed we shall meet at last.
-Be still my soul.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment